Pages

January 7, 2014

Reaching for JOY

My word for 2014 came to me in early December. It was brought to me by my Aunt Margaret.joyteaActually, I had first bumped into it when my friend Sara gave me a tea light holder that she didn’t need. (Of course I needed it because it was blue!)joyfixThen one day as I was working on an outdoor décor project, Aunt Margaret came over for a little visit. She saw my sign and shared with me a sweet story:joyAuntMThe following weekend my heart was gripped by some homeless folk downtown where we sang on a Sunday afternoon; and were so blessed to be privileged to distribute warm clothing.joyhomelessWe were singing “Joy to the World” and a man just off to the left of this picture was holding up his lit lighter…joyACCThat evening Keith & I attended a beautiful Christmas concert that a friend was directing at his church. As we were leaving I saw my word tucked into a little corner.

 

 

reach for joy

My prayer for you this coming year is that you will reach for the joy. That you will be able to see beyond the pain of cancer, the frustration of separation, the discomfort of circumstance… and reach for JOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...
What do you think?