Pages

June 29, 2011

What's Up, Doc?

(CARROT BREAD)

When you leave a bag of carrots on the counter instead of refrigerator overnight, you gotta use them up, fast!
I peeled (with some excellent help) and cut them all up & put them in the slow cooker for a couple hours. 
After cooling, I transferred them to the chopper & gave them a nice whirl.
(After utilizing what I needed for the immediate recipe, I measured out cupfuls of the purée and bagged and froze for future use.)


So - again, after tweaking & modifying existing recipes, I formulated one that satisfied my taste(s).

It baked & rose appropriately.
It cooled satisfactorily.
It sliced beautifully.

And, most importantly, it tasted "nummy" with a pleasing texture. 



1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm! Looks delicious and it looks like you had some good help. Wish I was there to eat some.
    Candy

    ReplyDelete

So...
What do you think?