Pages

June 29, 2011

A time for tears

You keep track of all my sorrows.

 You have collected all my tears in Your bottle.
 You have recorded each one in Your book.

Psalm 56:8 (NLT)


I collect vintage hankies. I love the look & the feel of heirloom fabrics. Sometimes I incorporate one or two into a project. And at times I give them away to others -- for their intended use...
Yesterday I gave away two. One for a special mommy, and one for the big sister of a tiny girl born asleep.
In my vocabulary there are no words of comfort for this tragedy. By the grace of God I've never been there personally. But I can hug... I can stitch...
And I can cry with them...


Goodnight, Lily Grace. We'll see you in the Morning.

2 comments:

  1. I love vintage hankies. I pick them up whenever I can at estate sales. You have some nice ones!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gone through some things in my life - not like that though - what a sweet gift and gesture - they're beautiful,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

So...
What do you think?