To save stove-top space, I cook it in the oven. Spread bacon slices out over your pan and put in a cold oven.
(We use whole wheat pasta from Costco.)
OK -- here's where stuff goes pretty fast, so I don't have pictures until the dish is finally done. Here's what has to happen:
- In a large bowl beat 4 eggs, add cracked black pepper to taste
- Drain cooked pasta & mix with beaten eggs (the hot noodles will cook the eggs)
- Continue to "toss" so noodles don't stick
- Add bacon and onions & garlic
- Toss in 1/2 cup grated parmesan (or amount "to taste") or you could even use the kind from a can
This last time I chopped the bacon before placing in the oven. (It cooked more evenly & saved the crumbling time...) We also added basil fresh from the garden & raw garlic, instead of browned. The hubs likes to sprinkle red hot pepper flakes over his...