Pages

June 13, 2016

Savoring the Savories

Since we planned 4 “sweets” for Alec’s graduation party, I figured we should probably try to balance it with 4 savory items.

My mom rolled large flour tortillas & two different fillings for the pinwheels. I was grateful she helped out because 1) I’m terrible at slicing things evenly & 2) I had absolutely no more refrigerator space!pinwheels

My sister baked delicious mini pretzel dogs and brought a couple different-flavored mustards for dipping.DSCN3895These were the most popular item, for they were quickly depleted.

I was planning on baking some Bacon-Swiss gougères as I did here, but Alec specifically requested tapenade. So, I had him butter a bunch of baguette slices and we toasted them. Lovely base for his beloved olive spread…tapenade

Lastly, I made the Asian Chicken Salad that we auditioned earlier in the month.  I had the graduate prepare the won ton wrapper cups, and we stored them until time to fill.mandarinshicksalad

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...
What do you think?