Pages

November 12, 2013

Tea Party Fare with Flair

The high school girls at our church have a discipleship group called “Ladies In Waiting" which meets weekly. Various moms provide the goodies for the tea-party-themed refreshments. Because I have no girls, I feel a “frou-frou” deficit quite often. So I volunteered to be responsible for goodies for a meeting. I finally got the call!Bad news was they only needed savories; another mother was delivering fruit & someone else was making the sweets. heavy sigh…ejteapartyAh well, all is not lost! I got to make the puffs I’d been planning – I just decided to make bacon Swiss gougèresIMG_20131026_072308 and fill them with a light pesto cream cheese.IMG_20131026_074716I also tried my hand at some fiesta pinwheels.pinsOh, yeah… I ended up making turkey sammies… just in case…ejbutterspread them with a lovely smoked paprika compounded butterDSCN8912

 

topped that with spinach

DSCN8915then sliced oven-roasted turkey…DSCN8916

spread the top with cranberry cream cheeseDSCN8918

and cut into triangles -- YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm... that looks like a delicious tea party! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. (And heard reports that the girls loved it.) But none of it was gluten free. I'm hoping to replicate the gougères with some GF flour.

      Delete

So...
What do you think?