Pages

October 10, 2016

Strawberry “Cashtella” Galette

20161007_081823For my very first #Choctoberfest post I decided to incorporate my new-found favorite “health” food – CASHEW BUTTER. It was but one short month ago I blended up my very first batch…14249702_10210618123198051_743921315507833296_o

Since Nutella® is made with ground hazelnuts, I figured it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to recreate it with ground cashews… In order to save time, I ground my cashew butter at the store, but their machine didn’t get it anywhere near as smooth as the Blendtec®. That means the final product was much granier than intended, but none of my test subjects minded, at all !cashtellacashtellarecipe

 

Needing to make a dent in my 25# bag of Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour , I decided to try my hand at a gluten-free pie crust.crustcrustrecipe

If you wish for a sweeter crust (the filling was sweet enough for us!) you can add one tablespoon sugar. You could also do an egg wash prior to baking, but I knew that this flour mixture would brown nicely on its own at this temperature.

After the dough chilled for about an hour, I rolled it out on parchment paper. rolledI spread about a cup of “Cashtella” around the center (make it as thick or thin as you desire) then added a cup of strawberry jam on top of that.filled(Tried to) gently fold up the edges of the pastry and baked in a preheated 350° oven for about 20 minutes.baked

The crust was amazingly flaky (as far as gf items go…)20161007_082200Unfortunately, when it came time to serve our galette, “all” I could find to top it was Chocolate Fudge Ribbon ice cream… Open-mouthed smile

 

Come back by tomorrow because I’ve made you a chocolate cake with very little effort, but GIGANTIC flavor! And be sure to enter the sponsors’ giveaway. In the meantime, you should probably check out the recipes in the #Choctoberfest linky down there ↓

2 comments:

  1. hahaha, I love that you made "cashtella!" Cashew butter is so good! :D This galette looks amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Actually, the galette was too sweet for me. But I love that using cashew butter is soooooooo versatile. The hubs wants me to make "cashtella" with a dark chocolate next...

      Delete

So...
What do you think?