Pages

October 14, 2016

German Chocolate Cake Pops, gluten-free

 

EJ-gfGermanChocCakePop (adapted from gluten-free girl)

14441212_996776515089_3185670107435955211_nOn this fourth recipe for #Choctoberfest I decided I would try something along the lines of my grandma’s favorite cake, which was German Chocolate. But one slice was always a little bit too much sticky sweetness for me; so I decided I would turn it into a cute little round “cakelet” one can pop into one’s mouth.

GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE POPS  (gluten free)

for the cake:

Whisk together in mixing bowl:

  • 2½ c. gf flour blend
  • 1½ t. unflavored gelatin
  • 2 c. sugar
  • ½ c. baking cocoa
  • 1 t. kosher salt
  • 2 t. baking soda

In separate bowl combine:

  • 2/3 c. coconut oil
  • 2 t. vinegar
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 2 c. cold water

Pour this liquid into the flour mixture and beat for about a minute. Scrape the batter into greased pan(s) and bake in a pre-heated 350° oven for 35-40 minutes, or until tester comes out clean. Let cake cool completely.

to make the pops:

Add 1 c. brown sugar to 1 c. cream, heating only to dissolve sugar. Let cool.EJ-gfGermanChocCakePop (5) Crumble cake into mixing bowl. Add 1 cup dried coconut flakes, 1 small box (instant) chocolate pudding and the sugar/cream mixture. Stir on low until well combined. Roll into balls and chill to firm. (makes about 5 dozen)EJ-gfGermanChocCakePop (13)

Melt 12 oz. milk chocolate with 1½ t. coconut oil in double boiler. In a separate dish combine 1 c. chopped pecans with 1 c. dried coconut flakes.EJ-gfGermanChocCakePopdip

Dip tip of candy stick into chocolate and insert in cake balls. Chill until set.EJ-gfGermanChocCakePop (14)Dip balls into chocolate and then in the coconut/pecan mixture. Chill until set.EJ-gfGermanChocCakePop (20)

Make sure you check out all those delicious #Choctoberfest recipes below:

6 comments:

  1. Yay for cake pops! I haven't ever tried making em', but it's been on my to-do list! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first attempt in quite a while, but this is the first time using a gf cake. They are certainly time-consuming, but really pretty easy.

      Delete
    2. This was my first attempt in quite a while, but this is the first time using a gf cake. They are certainly time-consuming, but really pretty easy.

      Delete
  2. Those look FABULOUS! and I bet you they taste scrmptios. Ive been kind off the cooking grid for a while. Hoping to jump back in soon. With all of these Choctoberfest recipes I am getting very tempted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cammie ~ I was hoping you were over you & your family's move/accident/r.a. flares enough to blog about your cooking & baking again. I miss seeing you around these parties!

      Delete
    2. Oh Cammie ~ I was hoping you were over you & your family's move/accident/r.a. flares enough to blog about your cooking & baking again. I miss seeing you around these parties!

      Delete

So...
What do you think?