Pages

April 16, 2013

Cinnamon Scrolls ~ a lesson on Philip

I am blessed every week to be able to share God’s love with Kindergartners at church. I love finding ways to make the Bible come alive for them.

This week the story was from Acts chapter 8 where we have the account of the apostle Philip making a divine encounter with the treasurer from Ethiopia. This influential man from Queen Candace’s court was reading from the book of Isaiah, but had no idea of the meaning of the passage.

God directed Philip to explain to him that this was all prophecy regarding Jesus. Eventually the man comprehended that the Lord of the universe loved him & wanted a relationship with him. He asked to be baptized right there along the road out of Jerusalem.


Your words were found and I ate them, And Your words became for me a joy and the delight of my heart; For I have been called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts. ~ Jeremiah 15:16

DSCN7213

DSCN7215DSCN7216DSCN7217DSCN7222DSCN7224DSCN7226How sweet are Your words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth! ~ Psalm 119:103

 New American Standard Bible (©1995)

1 comment:

  1. Soooo precious. So much love I'm sure these children felt coming from your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

So...
What do you think?