Pages

March 12, 2011

new "pseudo" card

My inspiration:

I have had a picture of this art piece for months. (Now I can't find where I credited the artist, whoever she is -- MY BAD!) I've wanted to do something like it for friends who are going to Columbia in a couple weeks to finalize the adoption of their children.

Not having readily available canvas or stamps or steady hand for lettering this weekend, I did the next best thing for me: I went digital & went small (as in greeting card small...)

My base was this image of antique torn paper from *the Graphics Fairy*. On it I applied the words "I love you" in a handwritten font called jellyka western princess regular.

On my vellum over-lay I printed parts of Ephesians 1: 4, 5.
After I trimmed the edges, I sewed the vellum & scrap of crochet lace to the card.
In searching for "bling" I came across something I've had for over a dozen years. They are tiny brass personalization letters for a key carrier I bought the hubs.

They fit (with a bit of trimming) onto the heads of the heart-shaped brads I had.

(First initial of each child...)

Aaaaaaaand -- we're finished.

(Planning to link this up with *The Graphics Fairy* 's Brag Monday...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...
What do you think?