Pages

July 7, 2012

Raspberry Peach Crisp (gluten-free)

And, I might add, cooked in my crockpot with no added sugar!

Having guests for dinner tonight... 


I wanted to fix a dessert that would please my gluten-free palate, delight a near diabetic & be suitable for someone with lactose intolerance. As I meandered through Winco, I found some gorgeous peaches on sale. Suddenly I had a hankerin' for a peach crisp.


As I headed to the freezer to get some vanilla bean ice cream to top it off, I spied a bag of frozen raspberries. Suddenly I was hankerin' for a raspberry/peach crisp!


Since it's supposed to be 106° this afternoon, I wondered if I could cook this in the slow cooker instead of heating up my kitchen with the oven. Did a little research & found that the trick seems to be the paper towel under the lid while the cooking's going on...


OK -- so here are the deets:


     stir into crock pot:
          8 cups fresh sliced peaches
          12 oz. frozen raspberries
          1/4 c. white rice flour
     mix together & drop on top of fruit:
          1/2 c. butter
          1/2 c. honey
          1 c. ground almonds
          2 c. rolled oats
          1 T. cinnamon
          1 t. kosher salt
     dollop on top of fruit in crock
     Cover crock with paper towel, then lid. 
     Bake on low 4-5 hours.
     Serve with your favorite vanilla bean ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...
What do you think?