Pages

September 17, 2015

Pink Lady® Rose Tarts

The September ingredients for the #ImprovCookingChallenge are apples & oatmeal. Yea! Now I can try a recipe I’ve been drooling over for years.EJrosetarts

I chose Pink Lady® apples so that the flesh would impart a nice tinge on the “rose petals”…EJrosetarts (10)

First thing I had to do was to transform the oatmeal into a flour. That was accomplished in about 50 seconds with my Blendtec.EJ-rosetarts

I made my tart dough and let it set for a bit while I prepared the apples. (I sliced them nice & thin with the mandoline.) EJrosetartI rolled out the pastry & cut out rounds to fit my muffin tin. Rolling up the petals was a pretty slick job; I had a little difficulty transferring them neatly to the pastry.EJtherosetartEJrosetarts (22)Mmmmmmmmm, they smelled so lovely whilst baking…EJrosetarts (28)Delicious!EJrosetarts (29)Here are the recipes:EJrosetartPASTRY

EJrosetartFILLINGEJrosetartGLAZECheck out what my Improv friends did with their apples & oatmeal:

4 comments:

  1. Those are LOVELY! I have made potato roses for a savory flair, too. Thanks for sharing with Improv Cooking Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, these are gorgeous! Amazing! I could never make anything so pretty! Thanks for sharing, Melody!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty. I bet that they are doggone tasty too. Nicely done Melody!

    ReplyDelete

So...
What do you think?