* Friday night football
August 26, 2011
August 25, 2011
August 20, 2011
So, evidently when one skips a week or two of this exercise in gratitude, one has an over-abundance of lovings to list:
- like appreciation for the wonderhubs turning another year older...
- or happiness for a quiet weekend because the man & his boys were gone camping...
- maybe it's gratefulness because my friend Hunter is slowly recovering from his extensive surgery...
- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm -- tastiness from a new batch of home-ground mustard that turned out quite well...
- ahhhhhhhhh -- satisfaction of a soon-to-be complete baby quilt...
- could be pride in the oldest son making noticeable (by his coaches, even) gains in football abilities...
- probably thankfulness for the new schools my younger sons are attending (& where they are flourishing...)
|1st day of school -- Auggie wants to go, too...|
- and I'm marveling at the ingenuity of a boy trying to stay cool in the pool...
Paisley Jade says,"I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening in your life, there is always something that you can be thankful for... no matter how simple it is." so I'm linking this post up to hers.
August 17, 2011
I'm blessed to sew a new quilt for my cousins' baby boy #2 due soon... I decided to try a new "mash-up" of fabrics & colors & textures.
My inspiration (& pattern) came from here.
(I stitched his big brother's quilt about 3 years ago...)
August 10, 2011
Someone I love is having an operation today.
Please pray for Hunter as he endures what is supposed to be several hours of surgery.
Pray for his doctors as they take out/reassemble/fuse rods, spine, muscles, nerves, etc.
Pray for his incredible parents as they wait it out.Pray for his brothers.
Pray that his recovery would be free from the infections of which he is so susceptible.
Pray that the pain he cannot communicate would be obvious to those caring for him.
Pray that he will soon be back to clapping & singing with us.
August 9, 2011
We've had quite the busy time, past few weeks...
I have 3 boys at 3 different schools this year. Two of them started classes last week. (The third goes off to JR/SR Camp tomorrow for three days; then will begin his school next week.)
Well,I think I deserve some sort of "super-taxi-mom" award for this afternoon! I had to take #1son with me to #2son's school to pick up #2 @ 3:00 & to wait for #3son's shuttle to drop him @ 3:05 so we could get away to drop #1 off at his school for football practice @ 3:15 in order to get to #3's school by 3:30 for #3's football meeting. Then bring #2 & #3 home for dinner so I can go with the hubs to #1's school for a football parent meeting...
This past weekend I attended a bridal shower for a special gal. I made her a set of ornaments. They are toile "12 Days of Christmas" I got from Embroidery Library years ago.
|5 Golden Rings!|
|...and a Partridge in a Pear tree.|
I embroidered them with a dark red thread, then matched up a tassel. I sewed in a gold loop for hanging & embellished that with a little knot of ribbon.
|Waiting to be stitched closed. (Ones on right still need to be stuffed...)|
|Wanted a pic with some greenery, but all my piney stuff is stored in the attic...|
Today my heart was burdened to pray for my suffering friends.
They are fighting the relentless enemy called breast cancer, colon cancer, ovarian cancer...
They battle depression, pain, illness from treatment, impaired immunity, solitude & insurance adjusters...